The oldest ski club in New Jersey, WASC was established in 1938 to bring together those who share a love of skiing and the outdoors.
- We have a love of skiing but are not professional skiers, thus the “amateur” in our name—it’s our heritage.
- WASC is a non-profit organization.
- We welcome ski and snowboard enthusiasts of all ages—singles, couples and families.
- There are many advantages of skiing/riding with our club:
- Trips are organized for you. Every year we feature:
- Single-day bus trips to the Catskills or Poconos
- Weekend trips to Vermont, New Hampshire and Upstate New York
- A one-week trip out West to a different destination each year
- Club/group discounts make skiing with a club very cost effective.
- Get NJ Ski & Snowboard Council member discounts on lift tickets, and take advantage of discounts on special Ski Council Appreciation Days at participating ski areas.
- Save money with New Jersey Ski & Snowboard Council discounts at participating ski shops.
- With WASC, you’ll never ski alone—our members vary in ability, from beginners to experts.
- Our club offers opportunities to race, including an Annual Club Outing weekend for those who like a “fun” race, and other opportunities for more serious racers.
- Need lessons or rentals? The club can help organize this for you on all trips.
- You can come along for the ride, or become as involved with the club as you want!
We offer more than just skiing and riding.
WASC members enjoy outdoor activities all year round. Our warm-weather schedule includes biking, hiking, kayaking, canoeing, beach trips, whitewater rafting and other activities.
In addition, we host many social events during the year including parties, BBQs, potluck dinners, Italian Night, St. Patrick’s Day, Holiday Party, an annual pre-Western Trip Dinner, an Annual Awards Banquet and more.
How to Become a Member
First, you don’t have to be a member to ski with us. Get to know us first!
- Come on any of our ski trips.
- Join us at our meetings every Thursday at 8:00pm at the Mountainside Elks Lodge, 1193 Route 22 East.
- Participate in our social activities—the more the merrier!
- Ski with club members for at least 3 days.
- Attend 3 business meetings, or participate in other qualifying events.
- Demonstrate basic skiing proficiency and mountain safety.
- There is a one-time initiation fee of $25. Annual dues are $50 for singles, $90 for couples ($45 for each additional family member age 18+ at the same address) and $5 for Juniors.